Random Voice/Resonance Activity Generator
Need some ideas for therapy today? Below is your randomly generated therapy activity! Not what you’re looking for? Refresh this page to get a new activity idea!
And Your Random Activity Is…
Step-by-Step Plan for Prosody
Description: Prosody can be difficult to work on! Here's a simple hierarchy where we did task analysis to break down this larger skill into a step-by-step plan. Try these simple steps to take a child who's not aware of prosody to understanding and using prosody correctly! Here's our step-by-step process. Keep in mind this is just a starting point. Not all children will take these steps in this order or even need to do all of the steps. Use this as a starting point and then customize it to the child you're working on.
- Child will attend to variations in pitch, rate, and volume (high/low, fast/slow, loud/quiet)
- Child will demonstrate prosody variations in non-speech sounds (like sound effects) (high/low, fast/slow, loud/quiet)
- Child will demonstrate prosody variations in speech (high/low, fast/slow, loud/quiet)
- Child will use appropriate prosody in single words (emphasis on correct syllable, etc.)
- Child will use appropriate prosody in phrases and sentences (stress the right word, correct intonation and pausing, etc.)
- Child will use appropriate prosody in connected speech