Therapy Strategies for Improving Word Finding in Children
Presented by: Carrie Clark, M.A., CCC-SLP
Wednesday, April 26, 2023 @ 8:30 AM CST
Exclusively for members of The SLP Solution!
How to Register:
1. Join The SLP Solution: Click here to Join! (Membership required to attend the webinar. You can cancel at any time)
2. Come back to this page and click the Register button below:
By the End of This Webinar, You Will Be Able To:
- Describe word finding/word retrieval and list several conditions that are often associated with word finding challenges
- List the steps to assessment for word finding
- Describe the difference between semantic substitutions and phonological substitutions in word finding
- Describe the difference between semantic therapy strategies and phonological therapy strategies for word finding
- List 3 examples of semantic therapy strategies and 4 examples of phonological therapy strategies
- List 8 strategies that a child can use in the moment to recall a word
Carrie Clark, M.A., CCC-SLP
Carrie Clark is the founder and owner of Speech and Language Kids, a website that is focused on the pediatric side of speech-language pathology. Carrie has been in the profession for 13 years and has experience working in early intervention, school early childhood education, private practice, and teletherapy. Carrie has worked with children of all ages and of all ability levels. Carrie’s super power is taking complex topics and breaking them down into easy-to-follow step-by-step plans. She also loves the challenge of trying to solve a problem. Through her membership program at The SLP Solution, Carrie is able to help thousands of speech-language pathologists by digging through the research on various speech-language pathology topics or therapies and creating quick and simple resources that break it all down. Carrie and her team of mentors further support their members by answering questions in the exclusive member groups and brainstorming ideas and solutions for tough cases and situations.
*** You must be a member of The SLP Solution to attend! If not, your registration will be denied!
Click here to become a member, then register below!
Frequently Asked Questions:
The SLP Solution is not an ASHA-approved CE provider so we cannot offer you CEUs for this course. However, we are able to allow you to print of a certificate of completion for certification maintenance hours (CMH). ASHA will allow you to use these types of CMHs for all 30 of your continuing education hours, you just have to fill out a form at the end of your certification cycle to state which CMHs you attended.
Yes! We record our webinars and you can watch them after the fact. You can also still print off your certificate of completion for continuing education credit after watching the recording. You don’t need to register on this page if you only want to watch the recording. Please make sure you have a paid membership to The SLP Solution. Then, watch your email. We’ll send an email out when the recording is ready for you to view!
Yes, this webinar is only for members of The SLP Solution. If you do not join the membership before registering, you will be denied access.
Click here to view our policy: https://www.speechandlanguagekids.com/refundcancellation-policy/
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The target audience for this webinar is licensed speech-language pathologists. There are no prerequisite skills or knowledge needed beyond the basic speech-language pathology training and licensing.
If you require accommodations to access these materials due to a disability, please email us at email@example.com