Play the “What’s on Your Caseload” Game
Description: For this game, we’re going to award points based on what types of caseload challenges you face. Feel free to translate this score into some amount of wine that you deserve at the end of every week. Cause really…some of you need it.
1 Point Awarded For…
- Every 10 kids on your caseload
- Having more boys than girls on your caseload
- Every group of 3 or more students that you have
5 Points Awarded For…
- Every group of 5 or more students
- Every child with 4 or more service providers or areas served
- Every child who presents with a disorder or problem that you’d never treated before that child
10 Points Awarded For…
- Having more minutes to serve than there are minutes in a school week
- Having held more than 10 IEP meetings in the past 30 days
- Having more than 15 that you case manage or are the primary service provider for
- Having to do bus duty
50 Points Awarded For…
- Working with a teacher who outwardly resents you for pulling your students for therapy…even though they agreed to the schedule
- If you’ve had to take work home during the past 30 days
- If you’ve tried to advocate for something that one of your students needs and were told “we don’t do that here” (within the last 30 days)
What’s your total?? Share it in your favorite SLP Facebook group and see if anyone has you beat!
Challenge Your SLP Friends to Join You on this Quest!